White Chocolate and Spiced Cherry Brioche Pudding
Posted on June 04 2017,
White Chocolate and Spiced Cherry Brioche Pudding with Brandy Anglaise
A delicious winter pudding ideally suited to cooking on your BBQ
Prep time – 15 minutes
Cook time – 25 minutes
Serves - 12
15 slices Brioche or white bread
Butter, at room temperature, to spread
190g Frozen cherry
100g White chocolate, finely chopped
2 egg Yolks
3 tbls Caster sugar
1 Orange, zested
1 tsp Vanilla paste
½ tsp Ground nutmeg
½ Ground cinnamon
Brandy Anglaise Ingredients
600ml 35% Cream
200ml Full cream milk
150g Castor sugar
8 Egg yolks
1 tsp Heilala vanilla powder
- Pre-heat the BBQ.
- Line a 12-hole muffin tray with paper muffin cups
- Spread each piece of bread with extra butter. Cut each piece into 4 triangles.
- Arrange 3 bread triangles around the sides, pointed sides up. Divide the cherries and chocolate among the dishes. Top with the remaining bread triangles.
- In a bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs and yolks, caster sugar, vanilla, nutmeg, and cinnamon and orange rind in a large jug. Pour a little of the milk mixture into each dish. Set aside for 2 minutes to soak. Divide the remaining milk mixture among the dishes.
- For the analgise, heat, milk, cream, and vanilla over a low heat, in a bowl whisk together yolks and sugar. Slowly add the warmed milk to the yolks, mix well, then return to the heat and cook until the custard coasts the back of a spoon, Stir in the brandy, keep warm until ready to serve.
- To cook, place muffin tray in BBQ on the resting rack (or elevated from BBQ grill) with the centre burner off and the side burners set to medium, bake for 20-25 minutes until the custard just sets and the bread is golden on top.
- To serve, remove from the liner and spoon over anglaise.
To learn more Winter BBQ Tips and Tricks Book into a BBQ Class today
Sign up to our Newsletter to receive BBQ Tips and Tricks