Mulled Wine - Awesome Winter Warmer
If you love a mulled wine on a cold winters night and this recipe is my absolute favourite. Tried, tested and perfected!
- 750ml red wine
- 1/4 cup of brandy
- 1/4 cup of sugar
- peel of one lemon
- peel & the juice of one orange
- extra 1/2 cup of orange juice
- 1 star anise
- 2 cinnamon stick
- 8 cloves
- 1 tsp fresh nutmeg
- knob of ginger (sliced) or 1 tsp of ground ginger
- Place all the ingredients into a large pan. Turn the pan on really low and warm slowly to allow the spices to infuse as much as possible. Cook for about five minutes and serve hot with fresh slices of Orange.
- Add extra sugar if it isn't sweet enough for you.
Happy Aussie Winter xx
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.