BBQ Rogan Josh Lamb Slider
BBQ Rogan Josh Lamb Slider with Pickled Cucumber Salad and Lemon Yoghurt
625g Lamb mince
2 tbls Patak’s Rogan Josh paste
1 Brown onion, finely diced
200g Natural yoghurt
1 tbls Lemon zest and juice
½ tsp honey
1 Lebanese cucumber, de-seeded and thinly sliced
1 Spanish onion, finely sliced
Mint leaves, roughly chopped
Coriander leaves, roughly chopped
1 tsp Castor sugar
1 tbls Apple cider vinegar
10 Slider buns
Extra-virgin olive oil
Murray River pink salt
Freshly cracked black pepper
- Pre-heat the BBQ
- In a bowl mix lamb mince, rogan josh paste, and brown onion together, set as aide
- For the sauce, in a bowl add yoghurt, honey and lemon juice and zest, mix together and season with salt and pepper.
- For the salad dressing, in a small bowl mix the vinegar, sugar and a pinch of salt together, set aside.
- For the salad, in a bowl add the cucumber and onion then pour over the dressing and allow to sit for 15 minutes.
- Shape lamb mix into 10 patties, and pat each pattie with a small amount of vegetable oil, salt and pepper.
- To cook the patties, place patties onto the BBQ grill and cook for 4 minutes on one side then 2 minutes on the second side, don’t press or squash the patties, squashing the patties is just simply seeing out the moisture.
- Once cooked place on the resting rack for 6 minutes, while the patties are, resting char grill the slider rolls. Add the chopped herbs to the salad, along with a little extra-virgin olive oil, and adjust seasoning.
- To serve, spoon a little yoghurt sauce onto the slider roll, add lamb pattie, top with cucumber salad and a little extra sauce.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.