FAQs & T&C's
- How can I purchase a gift voucher?|
BBQ School GIFT VOUCHERS can be purchased ONLINE here Book Now or by phone 1300 227 745 or at a class.
- I have an existing voucher, but the code doesn't work.
As there have been so many vouchers displaced because of COVID we have extended all live vouchers. Please contact as for yours if it is not redeeming.
If your voucher was out of date prior to COVID and you still want to attend your class you can extend it for 3 months for $25
You could have a voucher from one of our third-party suppliers. In some instances, you will need to book with them before they send us your details. Once you have confirmed your booking with them we will be able to access your details and make changes to your class or personal information.
- I can’t attend the class I booked in for, can I change the date?
Yes, you can change or cancel scheduled classes up to 72 hours in advance and rebook with no penalty. Within 72 hours of the event we are happy to rebook customers who provide late notice into an alternative class; however, a charge of $50pp is required to cover our food costs.
- I booked into an upcoming class but how do I change it?
Please make contact with us via email at your earliest convenience to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will move you to the next available session.
If the class was booked under the name of the person who gave you the voucher, then please call us to update your details on our system.
- How can I pay for my class or voucher?
BBQ School accepts payment for all vouchers and class bookings by; credit card, direct deposit and cash.
- How do I get my voucher?
BBQ School gift vouchers and class vouchers will are issued as e-vouchers, in a printable PDF attachment. An automated email containing your e-voucher is forwarded to your nominated email address once the payment has been processed successfully. From this email, you will be able to print off a gift voucher to give to the person who is receiving the present.
- How long are the vouchers valid?
BBQ School gift voucher and class vouchers have a 12-month expiry date and are valid for 12 months in its currency. With Australian Law, The voucher value $$ is valid for 3 years and this value can be redeemable against another class voucher or any product for 36 months from purchase. The expiry date will be listed on your voucher.
- My voucher has expired, can I still use it?
The Short answer is NO however:
This is at the discretion of management who reserve the right based on the circumstances at hand and the kindness of the customer. A fee of $25 would apply for a 3 month extension.
- Can I give someone else my voucher?
Yes, BBQ School is happy to transfer the gift voucher or class vouchers into another name, if the purchaser or recipient gives permission.
- Can I pay for my class on the day?
No, payment is to be made in advance to secure the booking, your booking cannot be confirmed until full payment is made.
- Will you send me a reminder before the class?
BBQ School will send reminder emails to the purchaser (or student if different) at least two days before each class. You must ensure that it is your email address we hold, not the person who gave you the voucher.
- Can I get a refund on my voucher or class booking?
Refunds are not available. BBQ School is happy to transfer the class booking into another name if the purchaser or original persons booked give permission.
- Do you ever cancel classes?
BBQ School endeavours to run all classes scheduled. However, occasionally not enough bookings are made to warrant the class proceeding or a circumstance out of our control dictates that the class will not go ahead (Double booking at a venue / Total Fire Ban / Heatwave / Extreme Rain / Hazard - see below).
In these rare cases, BBQ School will contact all student as soon as possible beforehand to offer to transfer their booking to another class and date.
- So will you still run classes if there is a fire ban?
BBQ School endeavours to run all classes scheduled. The classes which are conducted on gas BBQ’s will run during a fire ban. However, when a total fire ban is in place, we are unable to run the American smoking BBQ Class or classes with solid fuel. This class uses ignited charcoal and wood to cook during the class.
BBQ School will contact all students affected before the class start time to offer to transfer their booking to another class and date. This contact may come on the day of a class depending on when the fire ban is put in place.
- I have a food allergy/special dietary requirement, do I need to let you know?
Yes, we ask that all customers who have food allergies or dietary requirements to make us aware at the time of booking. We make every attempt to manage your requirements within the existing menu however we are not always able to accommodate all food allergies or dietary requirements, as you form part of a larger class our class menus cannot be tailored to suit the needs of special requests as it causes disruption to our recipes and the flow of the class. However, we may be able to provide you with an alternate dining option for a $20 supplementary cost.
- What time do I need to arrive for my class?
To ensure that our classes run on time, we please ask that you to treat the booking as you would a theatre ticket and arrive 15 minutes before the class and no earlier than 30 minutes before the class.
If a student is late for a class, it is their responsibility to catch up with the rest of the class and minimise disruption, as they enter.
- How long are the classes?
All of our classes run for 3 hours.
- Do I need to bring anything with me to the class?
No, all you will need is a big appetite! We supply all food, equipment, aprons and reference material.
- What sort of shoes do I need to wear?
We require all participants to wear covered shoes.
- Venue Locations and Contact on the day
Our Cooking Classes take place in Sydney, Hunter Valley, Melbourne and Brisbane and are at the following locations:
- Brisbane- The Australian National Hotel, 867 Stanley St, Woolloongabba QLD 4102
- Canberra- Harmonie German Club of Canberra, 49 Jerrabomberra Ave, Narrabundah ACT 2604
- Centennial Park (NSW), Fairland Pavilion, Grand Drive, Centennial Parklands.
- Marrickville (NSW) - Dynamix - 23-27 Shepherd St, Marrickville 2204
- DeBortoli Vineyards Hunter Valley (NSW), 532 Wine Country Drive, Pokolbin.
- Melbourne - TERMINUS HOTEL, 492 QUEENS PARADE, FITZROY NORTH, VIC, 3068, AUSTRALIA(03) 9481 3182
- HEAD OFFICE - 1300 227 745
- (NSW): Ben Farley – 0400 300 031 (Director)
- Class Times
Our Cooking Classes are held at different time frames depending on the day of the week and location. In effect we can run them at any time and do so however our public scheduled classes are:
Weekday classes are usually held between 6.30pm – 9.30pm.
Weekend classes are usually held (depending on the class type) between:
10:30am – 1:30pm, 11am – 2pm and 3pm – 6pm.
Our venues are open and welcome to receive anyone that wants to enjoy and learn some cooking skills.
Our Brisbane and Melbourne, Hunter Valley & Centennial Park locations are 100% wheelchair friendly.
- Affiliate Referral Program - Classes
- Affiliate Referral Program - Corporate Team Building
For every referral you make that results in a booking, we will give both you and them 5% off the next booking.
- More information on our corporate events available here.
- Photographs of and by the BBQ School
BBQ School have the authority to use and reproduce any photograph taken at BBQ School Classes for any purpose, without prior notice or payment of any compensation.