BBQ Cape Grim Beef Rump with tomato, basil & Bocconcini Salad
The first step in any BBQ journey is to master the perfect cooking of a BBQ Beef Sirloin served with a simple side dish to complement the succulent meat.
Here I have given you a classic and simple recipe to get you started.
4 Sirloin steaks (around 250g per portion)
4 Vine ripened tomatoes, cut into rough cubes
20 Basil leaves
75ml Olive oil
25ml Balsamic vinegar
Salt and pepper
- Pre-heat BBQ until hot registers on the hood indicator (hood down)
- Place chopped tomatoes, Bocconcini and basil into a bowl ready to dress
- Oil and season steak with salt and pepper and turn the BBQ down to ½
- Place steak on char-grill and let sear for approximately 2 minutes
- Turn steak with raw side still facing up to achieve criss cross char grill lines and wait for tiny drops of blood form on the surface (this is for medium rare), then turn over
- Cook steak on the second side for about ½ the cooking time of the first side
- Place steak on resting rack to rest with the BBQ turned off
- Dress and season salad and serve with your perfectly cooked steak
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.