Prep time – 40 minutes
Cook time – 8 to 9 hours
Serves – 4
Ingredients: 1 x Rack Beef Short Ribs (4 points)
Bourbon and Porter Beer BBQ Sauce: Bourbon 350ml, Porter Beer 1 bottle and BBQ Sauce 300g
Beef Rib Spice Rub:
1/4 cup paprika
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon packed dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Extras: (Texas Crutch) Foil / Grease proof paper / butter / beer
1. Pre-heat your smoker to 150oC with Redheads charcoal and solid smoking wood
2. Prepare spice rub by combining ingredients – set aside
3. Prepare Ribs by removing the membrane and rubbing generously with mix.
4. Add to your smoker and smoke for 5 to 6 hours – checking fire / temperature / smoke as you go.
5. Whilst smoking reduce bourbon in a thick bottom pan, burning off alcohol until a syrup, add porter and reduce to a glaze, add Smokey BBQ sauce and mix. Set aside.
6. After 5 to 6 hours – remove ribs and “Texas Crutch” the ribs but wrapping securely in foil and greaseproof paper with 100g butter and a good splash of beer. Add back to the smoker and finish cooking for about 3 hours or until tender to the touch. Ideally the rib holds well together but you could remove the bone if needed (tender)
7. For the last 15 minutes open the foil wrap to expose the rib to re-bark (re-texture / crisp) then add to your plate. Generously coat in sauce and enjoy!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Sign up to our newsletter to hear about specials, recipes and much more!