BBQ Hot Smoked Huon Salmon With Honey Dijon Potatoes
Posted on March 08 2021,
Serves 6 | Prep Time 40 minutes (24h brining and drying time) Cook time – 3.5 hours (+resting time)
- 4 x 200g Salmon Fillets
For the brine:
- 1 lt cold water
- 100g salt
- 50g Sugar
- 60ml vodka optional
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 bunch dill
- 800g baby potatoes pre-cooked 20 mins
- 1 bunch shallots cut into 4cm battens
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp Honey
- 50ml olive oil
- 50ml white wine vinegar
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Vegetable oil Serves
CHEFS TIP Cooking with the skin on improves helps to protect and flesh and keep your fish moist plus assists with presentation and the crispy skin is delicious to eat.
- Pre-heat the smoker to 120°c
- Brine portion of Salmon skin side up for 20 to 30 mins then pat dry
- For the salad, pre boil potatoes in salted water with dill for 20 mins. Trim shallots and cut into 4 cm battens. Combine potatoes, shallots, oil and seasoning. Finish the cooking of the salad on smoker in a baking pan or on a hot plate liner.
- For the dressing combine Dijon, Honey, Oil, White wine vinegar in a bowl and whisk until smooth and combined.
- To cook the salmon, place the salmon skin side down into the smoker. Smoke for 12 to 15 mins until the flesh easily separates.
- Remove the Salmon from Smoker and set aside whilst you assemble your plate and garnish. To serve place the potato salad onto a platter and drizzle with the dressing, followed by the Salmon. Serve with some lemon and fresh dill.