BBQ Roasted Pork Belly with Orange, Beer and Spice
Love the sound of a Winter BBQ? Well we've got you covered because this is our favourite
2kg Pork Belly, skin on, boneless
1 Onions, roughly chopped
4 Oranges (2 for pan, 2 for jus)
100g Ginger, sliced
4 Cloves of garlic, halved
2 Cinnamon sticks
4 Star anise
5 Bay leaves
Beer to cover base of pork belly (usually two beers needed)
- Pre-heat your BBQ to high (approx. 250ºc).
- For the pork, score the skin of the pork and sprinkle generously with salt.
- Lay onions, 2 sliced oranges, ginger, garlic, spices, in a suitable roasting tray and place the pork on top.
- Pour beer into the tray, being careful not to wet the pork skin. The liquid should come ¾ of the way up the pork, top up tray with water if necessary.
- To cook the pork, place the tray in the centre of the BBQ, with the centre burners off and the side burners turned to medium, cook for 2hrs or until the pork is tender.
- Remove the pork from the pan and place onto a tray, loosely cover with a clean cloth and allow to rest for 30 minutes before cutting and serving.
- To serve, cut into sliced and serve with a spicy fruit chutney and your favourite Jus. It is easier to cut the pork into perfect slices when the pork is placed crackling side down on the chopping board.
- Grate zest and add juice of 2 oranges to a saucepan and reduce over a medium flame until syrupy.
- Add Veal Jus (or preferred stock) and Simmer for 10 mins (or until sauce consistency).
- Set aside and serve with Pork Belly.
Check out the video here for more tips on this recipe.
To complement the Pork Belly - have a look at some other great recipes -
White Chocolate and Spiced Cherry Brioche Pudding
Delicious Mulled Wine
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.