Chocolate Molton Lava Pudding
It’s no secret that everyone's favourite part of every meal is dessert. We all like a little something special and special, we mean chocolate. To me, there is nothing more decadent than a molten chocolate cake.
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- 200 Dark Chocolate
- 180g Unsalted Butter
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 4 Eggs Yolks
- 250g Castor Sugar
- 90g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 Punnets Strawberries
- 3 tbs Caramelised Balsamic Vinegar
- 300ml Thickened Cream, whipped
- Pre-heat BBQ to hot.
- Line a muffin tray with paper cups.
- Place the dark chocolate and butter in a bowl over a bain-marie and melt, once melted remove the heat and mix well, set aside to cool a little.
- In a bowl add the whole eggs, eggs yolks and castor sugar. Whisk until thick & pale.
- Add the cooled chocolate to the egg mix, along with the vanilla and mix gently.
- Fold the flour in and then pour into muffin cups, filling each 3/4 full. Allow to rest for at least an hour.
- Just before cooking, place 4 white choc buttons into the centre of the pudding.
- Wash and core the strawberries, and then place in a roasting tray and drizzle with the caramelised balsamic, set aside.
- To cook the puddings, place the puddings in the centre of the BBQ resting rack turn off the centre burner, turn the side burners to low, close the hood & cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the sides are cooked but the centre is still soft & runny.
- To cook strawberries, place the tray onto the BBQ grill and warm for 2 minutes.
- To serve, place pudding in the centre of the serving plate garnish with cream and warm strawberries .
Be sure that the chocolate mix is not too hot, it might cook the eggs!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.