BBQ Spiced Chicken Wings
Posted on January 04 2017,
A great snack to serve with chilled beer for those lazy hot afternoons.
Cayenne Pepper adds the spice while the honey sweetens it up.
- 1.5kg Chicken wings
- 300ml Tomato sauce
- 125ml Chicken stock
- 2 Shallots, finely chopped
- 3 Garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger, grated
- 60ml White wine vinegar
- 60ml Soy sauce
- 40ml BBQ sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Cayenne pepper
- ½ Bunch coriander, leaves picked
- Murray River pink salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Vegetable oil
- Pre-heat the BBQ to hot.
- Combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large zip lock bag and marinate the chicken wings for approximately 3 hours in the refrigerator. (reserve some of the marinade to baste)
- Remove Wings and gently shake off any excess marinade
- Grill the wings on the barbecue for approximately 10 minutes on each side, making sure they are golden and cooked through.
- Whilst wings are cooking, heat reserved marinade to boiling point to thicken a little and then set aside to baste wings prior to serving.
- To serve, toss wings in remaining baste sauce, arrange on your favourite platter, garnish with coriander leaves.