Women do the work. Men get the credit. Education is the answer.
The BBQ season is here! Nights are getting shorter, the sun is here to stay, and hibernation is over!
It is important to remind ourselves of the etiquette of our national loved outdoor cooking activity. When a man volunteers to manage that BBQ he puts in motion a series of events.
- Women will go and buy the food required for the BBQ.
- Women will make the necessary side dishes of a green salad, vegetables and if we are lucky, some dessert.
- Woman preps the meat with marinades or rubs, ready for cooking and places it on a tray with the required cooking utensils and sauces. She hands everything to the man who at this point is relaxing near the grill with an ice cold beer in his hand.
- Ladies must ensure that they remain outside of the compulsory exclusion zone (approx two metres) where the excessive testosterone and related male bonding activities are being conducted without interference.
Now please note:
MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
Now we can continue....
- A woman goes inside to assemble plates & cutlery.
- A woman returns to compliment the man on how fabulous the BBQ meat is looking. He thanks her and asks if she could bring him another beer as he is busy turning the meat.
MAN TAKES THE MEAT FROM OFF THE GRILL AND PASSES IT TO THE WOMAN.
- A woman prepares salad, bread, plates, cutlery, napkins, sauces and sets the table.
- After eating, the woman clears the table and washes the dishes.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.